■Making Public, Sharing, and Using User Data
• Provision of Additional Services or Special Offers: In order to provide you with additional services or special offers, it may be necessary to provide your personal data to third party providers of the said services or offers. The TTSB Website will provide a complete explanation during the period of the event or offer, and notify you before data is collected so that you may freely choose whether or not to accept the service or offer in question.
• Statistics and Analysis: The TTSB Website uses its user registration data, questionnaires, marketing activities, and server logs to conduct internal analysis regarding the number of users, their interests, and on-line behavior. These studies are based on overall user data and involve statistical procedures. Results are used as a reference to improve the quality of services, and no analysis will be performed on individual user data, nor will specific individual data be used as the basis for statistical analysis.
• For reasons of public security, if a judicial body requests the TTSB to provide information on a specific user, the TTSB will follow formal legal procedures and cooperate as necessary in consideration of the collective security of all users of the TTSB Website.
• To provide better, more personalized services: In order to facilitate use of the site′s personalized features or interactive events, the TTSB Website may write a cookie when a user registers or logs on, and update it when he or she logs off.
• To analyze the number of visitors and their browsing habits: The TTSB Website may write a cookie in order to understand which pages visitors are using, thus allowing improvement of the site.
■Your Responsibility in Protecting Your Privacy
Please safeguard your username, password, and personal data. Do not reveal any personal information, particularly passwords, to anyone. After using any of the TTSB Website′s member services, please remember to log off properly before leaving the TTSB site. If you share a computer with another user, or use our services on a public computer (such as in a public library, school computer lab, or Internet caf?, please remember to close the browser to prevent other users from reading your personal information and e-mail, or accessing member-only areas.
Dear Internet User:
■Scope of Use
The following privacy policies apply when you are browsing the TTSB Website (any page with the domain name asc.gov.tw) and extended service sites (such as www.tacare.org.tw). These policies concern the collection, use, and protection of personal data. The said policies shall not apply to any activity you might initiate by virtue of passing to a different website as the result of a search on a TTSB web page or by other means, however. Protection of your personal data while browsing other web pages depends on the individual privacy policies of the websites involved.
Depending on the service being provided, all or part of the following user data may be collected from visitors:
• User Registration: When you register to become a member of this site, you will be asked for some personal information, including your name, ID number, date of birth, gender, user name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, occupation, and interests.
• Online Events and Questionnaires: When you participate in an online event or answer a questionnaire or survey, you may be asked to provide your name, ID number, address, telephone number, and e-mail address. Some events may be limited to registered members.
Additionally, if you click on a banner ad or link on the TTSB Website, other websites or organizations have their own privacy policies concerning personal data you provide in order to participate in a prize draw, competition or promotional event sponsored by the said third party organizations or websites. The handling of such data is not covered by the privacy policies relating to the TTSB Website, and the TTSB Website cannot be responsible for any consequences.
• General Browsing: While you are browsing the TTSB Website, the server will automatically produce a log file. This file includes your IP address, duration of visit, browser version used, and record of your browsing behavior. Information about pages viewed and time spent on-site is used to improve the quality of the TTSB Website content and service.